Genomenal terms of services:
Your access to systems and networks owned by Novel Software Systems LLC is governed by, and subject to the following terms and conditions, as well as all applicable laws. Your access to Novel Software Systems LLC systems constitutes your consent to the retrieval and disclosure of the information within the scope of your authorized access, subject to the applicable laws.
Modification of the Agreement
Novel Software Systems LLC maintains the right to modify the Terms of Service, and may do so by posting notice of such modifications on this page. Any modification made is effective immediately upon posting the modification (unless otherwise stated). You should visit this page periodically to review the current Terms of Service.
You agree to access and use Genomenal for lawful purposes only. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules, and regulations pertaining to your use of Genomenal.
By accessing and using Genomenal, you agree that you must:
- Conduct only authorized business on the system.
- Access Genomenal using only your own individual account. Group or shared accounts are NOT permitted .
- Maintain the confidentiality of your authentication credentials such as your password. Do not reveal your authentication credentials to anyone; a Novel Software Systems LLC employee should never ask you to reveal them.
- Report all security incidents or suspected incidents (e.g., lost passwords, improper or suspicious acts) related to Novel Software Systems LLC systems and networks to the Novel Software Systems LLC Operations Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow proper logon/logoff procedures. You must manually logon to your session; do not store your password locally on your system or utilize any automated logon capabilities. You must promptly logoff when session access is no longer needed. If a logoff function is unavailable, you must close your browser. Never leave your computer unattended while logged into the system.
- Ensure that Web browsers use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS). SSL and TLS must use a minimum of 256-bit encryption.
- Safeguard system resources against waste, loss, abuse, unauthorized use or disclosure, and misappropriation.
By accessing and using Genomenal, you agree that you must NOT:
- Use Genomenal to commit a criminal offense, or to encourage others to conduct acts that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability.
- Process classified national security information on the system.
- Browse, search or reveal any protected data by Novel Software Systems LLC except in accordance with that which is required to perform your legitimate tasks or assigned duties.
- Retrieve protected data or information, or in any other way disclose information, for someone who does not have authority to access that information.
- Establish any unauthorized interfaces between systems, networks, andapplications owned by Novel Software Systems LLC.
- Upload any content that contains a software virus, such as a Trojan Horse or any other computer codes, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the daily function of Genomenal and its users.
- Post any material that infringes or violates the academic/intellectual rights of others.
You must sign up to Genomenal using credentials provided to you by Novel Software Systems LLC.
Restrictions on the Use of Shared and Group Accounts
You cannot access Genomenal using group or shared accounts. The credentials used for authenticating to Genomenal must belong to a single individual.
Restrictions on the Use of Tutorial Workspaces
Genomenal provides tutorial workspaces preloaded with best practice analysis pipelines and example data. These workspaces are intended for tutorial purposes only, not for computing on personal data.
You must not upload your own data sets to these workspaces. If you do not follow these guidelines, your Genomenal account may be deactivated.
Activity Monitoring and Recording
Genomenal usage may be monitored, recorded, and subject to audit, and use of Genomenal indicates consent to monitoring and recording.
Unauthorized use of Genomenal is prohibited and subject to criminal and civil penalties.
Your level of access to systems and networks owned by Novel Software Systems LLC is limited to ensure your access is no more than necessary to perform your legitimate tasks or assigned duties. If you believe you are being granted access that you should not have, you must immediately notify the Novel Software Systems LLC Operations Center email@example.com.
Termination of Use
We may in our sole discretion suspend/terminate your access to Genomenal without notification for violation of the Terms of Service, or for other conduct that we deem harmful/unlawful to others. We may also periodically review accounts for which a user has not logged on.
Genomenal may provide links that are maintained or controlled by external organizations. The listing of links are not an endorsement of information, products, or services, and do not imply a direct association between the Novel Software Systems LLC and the operators of the outside resource links.
By accessing Genomenal, you expressly consent to monitoring of your actions and all content or data transiting or stored therein. We reserve the right to delete, move, or edit any data, which we consider to be unacceptable or inappropriate whether for legal or other reasons.
Data and Workspaces
When a user uploads private data to a workspace, they are responsible for ensuring authorization domains are attached to the workspace to control the set of possible users to only those who have adequate permissions to work with those data. For instance, if a lab collects sensitive human genomic information through their research, the user who uploads the lab’s data to a Genomenal workspace must select one or more managed groups to set as authorization domains. This way, only members from the group (perhaps other lab members who may also see and use the data) have access. Authorization domains will remain with all cloned versions of the workspace. If data are shared inappropriately or with unauthorized users through the Genomenal platform, your access to Genomenal may be suspended or terminated and, in some instances, Genomenal staff may contact the user’s institution.
Users creating a Genomenal Workspace are expected to ensure that data use and sharing within any workspace to which they upload private data, or any copies of such workspaces, are conducted in accordance with all applicable national, state, tribal, and local laws and regulations, as well as relevant institutional policies and procedures for handling genomic data.
Disclaimer of Warranty
You expressly understand and agree that your use of Genomenal, or any material available through it, is at your own risk. Neither the Novel Software Systems LLC nor its employees warrant that Genomenal will be uninterrupted, problem-free, free of omissions, or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from Genomenal.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will the Novel Software Systems LLC or its employees be liable for the incidental, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, arising out of your use of or inability to use Genomenal, including without limitation, loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other damages.
Clinical and Medical Compliance
Genomenal is not a certified medical software and should not be used to conduct any analysis for clinical operations.
You also acknowledge that it may be required, in some instances, to anonymize sequence data prior to uploading it to the Genomenal. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Novel Software Systems LLC of and from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or relating to your uploading, storing, or transferring of genomic data into Genomenal.